Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Today has been one of those days...

Well, I started back to the gym this week trying to walk 2 miles a day. Today I decided I wouldn't go and try to get caught up on some housework. Boy was I wrong. I decided today that I was going to move Kaylee(16 months) out of her crib and into a a twin bed. Really it is just the mattress on the floor to get her use to the freedom. Kaylee was thrilled. She loved being able to walk around and lay on her bed and get up and lay back down. Emm loves it too. She has decided she wants her bed to be on the floor again too. The morning was going okay, I started doing some laundry, a little design work, washing lettuce and salad fixings, prepared lunch for the girls, and then Kay was ready to go to bed, so I took her into her room and laid her down she fussed a little bit but then she laid down and went to sleep. Man, could it really be this easy??? Yep, until it was time for her BIG sis to take her nap. (they share a room for those who don't know) Emm is not a easy nap taker BUT she is one who HAS to HAVE a nap or you'll want to kill her by 5PM. I'm trying to get her back into the school schedule so I started her nap time at around 12-12:30PM. She decided she just wasn't going to cooperate today at all. She'd get up to peepee, then she'd get up to tell me she loved me, then she'd get up to tell me good night, then she decided her baby sis looked to peaceful and woke her up after her being asleep for 30 min-1hr. I don't think I've ever been upset with her. Now, Kaylee thinks her nap is over and won't go to sleep. So finally after a lot of time and energy, Emm goes to sleep, but I'm stuck with Kay who is grumpy and won't go to sleep and I'm trying to get work done, housework done and well, I didn't get the shower I desperately needed and it is after 10PM and I'm writing this. I guess, the Lord is just preparing me to go back to work and be excited and happy to be leaving my girls. I know I'll miss them, but I really feel I need a break for at least a few hours during the day so I can enjoy them. Am I a bad mother? Some days I really question myself. I know everyone has bad days and children will be children, but I think my children are only bad for me!! I'm just tired! It is so sad that I stay up for hours at night exhausted just to have an hour or 2 to myself!! I really miss having me time. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my girls and my husband and I love spending time with them. Today has just been a long day and I'm extremely tired. I'm just a little stressed out too trying to figure out everything with going back to work, the girls to school? or should mac stay home and work at night? Well, just pray for us.

1 comment:

Adriennealine said...

Yeah, we're all entitled to these kinds of days. So YAY! You MADE IT THROUGH! WoooHooo!!!

:)

Of course you're not a bad Mom for wanting time away from the girls. If you didn't crave a little free time you'd be a lunatic. Feel better? Ha ha!

Oh, have you tried the new milk shake at Arby's?